TATA has announced that their Mini Truck “Ace” has crossed the 1lakh units Sales in the Domestic Market in a Single Year 2009-10, selling 4 different variants.
It is claimed that they are the first Commercial Vehicle to achieve this target in a Single Year.
“In 2009-10, the sales of the TATA Ace crossed the one lakh mark to reach 1,10,032 units. It has thus become India’s only goods commercial vehicle to achieve the milestone,” Tata Motors said in a statement.
The TATA Ace was launched in the Year 2005.
- It recorded about 30,000 units sale in the year 2005-06,
- Sales increased drastically to more than double to about 70,000 units Sale in 2006-07,
- Sales in 2007-08 was about 89,000 Units Sale,
- A Slight decrease during 2008-09 to about 81,000 units.
- And now at cool 1lakh plus units for the Year 2009-10.
TATA also exports to neighboring countries such as Nepal and Sri Lanka.
They have reported a Total sales of both Ace and Magic to be at 1,50,000 Units during 2009-10.
“The Tata Magic too is recording strong adoption in semi-urban and rural areas, and in 2009-10 its sales have touched close to 49,000 units, a growth of 71 per cent over the previous year,” the statement said.